Wanting a little more in-depth information on your teeth whitening treatment options? Good for you. Because there is a lot of information available on whitening your teeth nowadays, it can be confusing to know which teeth whitening treatment option is going to work for you and your teeth whitening needs. There are two options when it comes to getting your teeth whitened – buying an over the counter whitening product or making an appointment with your dentist for professional teeth whitening treatment.
An inside look at teeth whitening treatments
The following information allows for an inside look on today’s teeth whitening treatments.
- Both over the counter and professional teeth whitening treatments include peroxide based active ingredients. Over the counter, products will use a lesser amount of the peroxide, which means that they will need to be used more often for someone to maintain their bright, white smile.
- The teeth whitening treatment process does not take long to perform. Most teeth whitening treatments only take about an hour to complete, making it easy for busy people to get their teeth whitened.
- Not all whiteners for teeth are created the same. It is necessary to read all of the ingredients in a tooth whitening product. Not all of these products contain safe ingredients. Looking for the American Dental Association seal can be very helpful.
- To keep someone’s teeth looking white and bright, they will need to continue their teeth whitening treatments on a periodic basis. Over the counter teeth whitening options will require more applications compared to professional teeth whitening treatments.
- Over the counter whitening products will generally whiten teeth one or two shades. Professional whitening treatments can whiten teeth up to eight shades!
Those who have porcelain crowns, dental bonding or tooth-colored fillings may find that the whitening products will not whiten any of the dental procedures performed above. This fact makes it a good idea to contact a dentist for their professional advice.
Ready to have whiter teeth?
Ready to choose a teeth whitening option that is going to meet your specific whitening needs? Great! If you happen to have any questions about the many teeth whitening treatment options available today, all you have to do is contact us so we can provide you with the answer you need. If you already know that you are ready to have your teeth professionally whitened by one of our highly experienced dentists, then go ahead and call us now so we can schedule you an appointment for your teeth whitening treatment. Once the procedure is over, you will be proud to show off your new, bright smile!
Call (561) 225-2066 today to reach William Kay, DMD PA.
If you need to improve your smile, a teeth whitening may be just what you have been looking for -- William Kay, DMD PA can drastically improve the appearance of your smile in time for …
If you have unusual spots in your mouth, your mind may immediately jump to oral cancer. Leukoplakia is a disease caused by surplus cell growth, resulting in the appearance of patches or lesions in the …
Regularly getting general dentistry services can go a long way when it comes to keeping your teeth healthy. Preventive dentistry treatments are the most common treatments performed by dentists, and they help to protect teeth …
Gum disease is one of the most common dental diseases in the modern world. According to the CDC, more than 47 percent of American adults have gum disease. Gum disease is caused by bacteria growing …